Saturday 6 August 2016

Unboxing: Bookish Bundle July Royalty Box

Whispered by Clara Cheng at 7:47 pm

I know we've stepped into August now, but this Bookish Bundle July Royalty Box is too gorgeous not to share, I'll be tremendously guilty if I'd let this one passed.

Bookish Bundle is a magical bookish subscription box, proudly presented to you by mybibliomaniacs from Malaysia! They launched the first box in April with the theme "April Fool", and in July, they came back with the very much anticipated "Royalty Box" - exclusively created for the Kings and Queens.



As soon as I opened the box, a lovely scent immediately diffused into the air and I was utterly surprised. This month's contents included:



  • The Chronicles of Narnia poster. Looking at the four adorable figures printed on the art paper, I was a little bit overwhelmed by the nostalgia, I still remember the old times whenever the movies were released and I was so tempted to watch them.
  • A bookish glory handmade soap by Savon Republic. The sole contributor of the sweet smell from the entire box. Its pleasant scent lifted up my mood and I loved that it even lingered on every single item in the Royalty box. Also, I was incredibly in awe with the delicate details of the soup because those deckled pages were obvious to be seen!
  • Two pastel bookmarks by Kingdom of Books. These bookmarks were super photogenic and they featured 16 hand drawn books related to royalty - A Game of Thrones, The Heir, The Orphan Queen and Red Queen, to name a few.
  • A tote bag with "I sit on a throne of books" printed on it to carry our magical tomes. This royal statement was super adorable and suited the theme perfectly. My irrational obsession with tote bags was fully satisfied! 
  • The Crown's Game by Evelyn Skye. Welcome home to mama! I literally squealed when the book was revealed in the box because I have heard so many great reviews about this new release! Now there would be no excuse for me to not putting this book onto my forever-growing TBR pile. I've put the synopsis of this book at below.


Synopsis: Vika Andreyeva can summon the snow and turn ask into gold. Nikolai Karimov can see through walls and conjure bridges out of thin air. They are enchanters - the only two in Russia - and with the Ottoman Empire and the Kazakhs threatening, the Tsar needs a powerful enchanter by his side.

And so he initiates the Crown's Game, an ancient duel of magical skill - the greatest test an enchanter will ever know. The victor becomes the Imperial Enchanter and the Tsar's most respected adviser. The defeated is sentenced to death.

Raised on tiny Ovchinin Island her whole life, Vika is eager for the chance to show off her talent in the grand capital of Saint Petersburg. But can she kill another enchanter - even when his magic calls to her like nothing else ever has?

For Nikolai, an orphan, the Crown's Game is the chance of a lifetime. But his deadly opponent is a force to be reckoned with - beautiful, whip smart, imaginative - and he can't stop thinking about her.

And when Pasha, Nikolai's best friend and heir to the throne, also starts to fall for the mysterious enchantress, Nikolai must defeat the girl they both love... or be killed himself.

As long-buried secrets emerge, threatening the future of the empire, it becomes dangerously clear... the Crown's Game is not one to lose.

To be honest, the plot above somewhat reminds me of Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas - the competition, royalty, both male leads romantically falling for the same heroin (and one of them is a prince!), however it doesn't diminish my excitement over finally having this baby on my throne of books.



I am positive that I will continue to show my support to Bookish Bundle. It surely is not easy to manage a subscription box, plus I personally feel that their effort is rather admirable. Do you ever subscribe to any bookish box? Which one has been your favorite all this while?


With love,
post signature

17 lovely confession(s):

Grace @ RebelMommyBookBlog on 7 August 2016 at 07:35 said...

Wow looks like a great subscription box. I love the themes too. Enjoy!!

Lola on 7 August 2016 at 12:46 said...

Oooh cool!! That's such an originally-themed box! I love it! I'm just sad you received that book, because I couldn't finish it, but maybe you'll love it more?? Hopefully!! Just brace yourself for some real love-triangle drama.

Shooting Stars Mag on 7 August 2016 at 13:17 said...

How fun! I've gotten a few boxes from Owl Crate, but I don't subscribe to anything at the moment. That soap is cute, and I'm glad to hear it smells good. Always important! LOVE the tote as well. :)

-Lauren
www.shootingstarsmag.blogspot.com

Reg @ She Latitude on 7 August 2016 at 20:46 said...

Loving the look of this box! I'm not subscribed to any because I don't really have any need for the trinkets, but every time someone does an unboxing a part of me reaaally wants them, haha.

Hope you like The Crown's Game - that book was unfortunately a huge disappointment to me, but I know others who loved it. :)

Reg @ She Latitude

czai on 7 August 2016 at 23:27 said...

I've come across mixed reviews on The Crown's Game so I ended up setting it aside... but that cover and its blurb!! aahh... I'm hope you enjoy it though :) The bookmarks and tote bag look great!

czai @ the Blacksheep Project

Ola. on 8 August 2016 at 05:17 said...

I love subscription boxes! I haven't heard about this one before, I'll be checking it out :) Have you read the book?

Pearl @ Pearl's Book Journey on 8 August 2016 at 06:46 said...

Wow Clara! Those are nice goodies. And that book. So pretty. Looking forward to your thoughts. :))

Kate @ The Bookaholic Blurbs on 8 August 2016 at 08:12 said...

Love your blog! New GFC follower!

Kate @ The Bookaholic Blurbs

Michelle @ The Writing Hufflepuff on 8 August 2016 at 18:49 said...

Aww everything inside the box is so cute! I'm not subscribed to any book box subscriptions, because money haha. I hope you'll enjoy The Crown's Game! Wasn't really my cup of tea, but a lot of people enjoyed it so hopefully you're part of the majority! :)

Aentee on 9 August 2016 at 18:34 said...

This looks like an awesome box, especially loving the look of the soap and the bookmarks <3 I am glad that you have such a quality book box in your home country :D Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

I thought the soap was a macaron! It looks amazing <3 Great post Clara!

Diva Booknerd on 11 August 2016 at 21:38 said...

What an awesome box and it must be wonderful having a subscription so close to home. That soap is adorable, far to nice to use. I had no idea The Crowns Game was so similar to Throne of Glass, I want to read it even more.now <3

Zoey River on 12 August 2016 at 12:25 said...

Ohh, this looks so nice! (:
Such a lovely box to get.
And the book - I've been wanting to read the Crown's game for a while now but didn't have the chance to get to it. I can't wait to hear your thoughts about it. It might motivate me to pick it up ^_^
You know... I won my first subscription box giveaway just a while ago. I'm about to get a fairyloot box full of books and other stuff. I'm so excited about it!

Enjoy your lovely box, Clara!
And I hope you'll love the Crown's game :D

CG @ Paper Fury on 12 August 2016 at 17:46 said...

Ooh, I love this box!! SO AWESOME. That poster though. AhHHH. It is literally the best of ever (Narnia was my childhood basically😂) And The Crown's Game is SO good! Although I honestly don't think it's very much like Throne of Glass. There's a lot less stabbing and the duelling doesn't really happen till the end. But it's so beeeeautiful. I hope you love it! :D

Thuong Le on 12 August 2016 at 18:17 said...

Wow that box looks very well presented! I love the cute little tote bag and all the lovely bookish things it came with it :) the crown soap looks so creative. Lovely photos as well!
https://ireeadthereforeiam.wordpress.com/

Cherry on 14 August 2016 at 11:53 said...

Omg I thought the soap was a yummy looking rice cake at first haha xD and wow those pastel bookmarks are super cute! This looks like such a great box, thanks for sharing Clara! <3
-Cherry

Jeann @ Happy Indulgence on 14 August 2016 at 18:19 said...

This looks like such a lovely box with some great goodies! I really enjoyed the Crown's Game, even though the characterisation was a bit lax. I hope you enjoy it Clara!

 

♥ La Sourire